Chief Finance Officer
Faizan Ahmed is Chartered Islamic Financial Professional (INCEIF -Malaysia), Certified Islamic Professional Accountant (AAOIFI – Bahrain) and Post Graduate Diploma holder (Islamic banking and Finance) from Center for Islamic Economics Pakistan. He has more than fifteen years of experience including working as Head Product Development at HBL – Islamic Banking, Islamic Financial Consultant and Auditor at Ernst & Young Pakistan and Shariah Compliance Manager at Al-Baraka Bank. He is a regular trainer at Shaikh Zayed Islamic Center – University of Karachi, National Institute of Banking and Finance (SBP), Center for Islamic Economics, Institute of Bankers’ of Pakistan and other institutions both locally and internationally. In addition to above he is a member of the committee formed by Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) responsible for development of Accounting Standards of Interest free modes of finance. He has contributed various articles in professional journals particularly on the topic of Islamic Finance. He has been speaker at various TV programs, as well as, seminars and workshops at various forums on different topics related to Islamic finance.
Following are the main areas of his expertise:
· Financial reporting of Islamic Financial Institutions.
· Shariah, Accounting & Auditing Standards Issued by Accounting Auditing Organization of Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI);
· Structuring Sukuk and Shariah Complaint Financial Instruments;
· Structuring of Shariah Compliant liquidity management tools;
· Risk Management of Islamic Financial Products; and Preparation of Operational, Products, Risk Management and Shariah Compliance Manuals for Islamic Banks.
Phone No: 0792440022